Kathleen Unger, Of Counsel
Kathleen Unger was in-house counsel at MCA/Universal Studios (now NBCUniversal) for 15 years. As a Vice President, Ms. Unger handled multi-divisional and -affiliate corporate matters, e.g., theatrical, television and home video product; concerts; publishing; theme parks; music; merchandising; broadcasting and other exhibition; cable programming; and real estate marketing and community relations. She has also served as a Mediator, having been certified by the Harvard Negotiation Insight Initiative at Harvard Law School.
Ms. Unger was the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Talking Heads, the quarterly publication of the Worldwide Entertainment and Communications practice of Spencer Stuart, one of the three largest executive search firms in the world. Subsequently, she was the Senior Strategist for Independent World Television. She also provided editorial services to world-renowned endocrinologist Diana L. Schwarzbein, M.D. for The Schwarzbein Principle II and toward Dr. Schwarzbein's current book.
In 2012, Ms. Unger formed and is the President and CEO of VoteRiders, a 501(c)(3) non-partisan, non-profit corporation, dedicated to ensuring that eligible American citizens can vote; VoteRiders focuses specifically on helping vulnerable voters to secure their voter IDs.
Ms. Unger has been selected by her peers for inclusion in the 2016 and 2017 editions of Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Trusts and Estates.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Eagles Charitable Foundation (Philadelphia Eagles Foundation) | Board of Directors | 1994 - present
- Starbright Foundation (now part of Starlight Children's Foundation) | Past Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, working with Steven Spielberg, Chairman
- Scott Newman Foundation and Center | Past Board of Directors and Past President, with Paul Newman, Chairman
- The Foundation of KCRW-FM | Past Board of Directors
- Valley Community Clinic | Past Board of Directors and Past Vice Chairman
Ms. Unger co-chaired successful Congressional and U.S. Senatorial campaigns; served as Director, Business for California in the 1988 Presidential campaign; and was appointed a National Finance Vice Chair and a Trustee for a Presidential campaign. Since October 2002, she has devoted herself to election integrity, including the creation and management of www.ElectionPreparedness.com, the predecessor to VoteRiders.